Are you an experienced Data Analyst looking to join an organisation committed to placing data and technology at the heart of their business model?
As a B2B energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
Our data enablement initiative will bring brand new analytic and insight capability across the entire business.
Want to join us on that journey?
As a key member of the data platform delivery team, you will be an essential enabler for our digital ambitions.
We deliver IT capabilities in an agile fashion, working in scrum teams alongside business analysts, developers, testers and product owners to deliver value.
Our data analytics services are rapidly evolving, with a focus on bringing in talented data fluent individuals and procuring state-of-the-art technologies to support them.
What you will do
You will contribute to projects that touch every part of our market leading energy business; from customer self-service through to heavy data science and analytics as we strive to answer the big questions facing our industry.
During sprints you’ll be responsible for delivering technical items that you have committed to and given the support you need to achieve success.
Some of the key activities include:
- Engage with business experts to capture reporting and analytics requirements in structured data mapping documents
- Work with data engineers as part of an agile scrum team, to ensure that the data warehouse fully enables the business requirements gathered
- Use business and data insights to contribute to the prioritisation of the data platform team
- Define and develop data marts that are the business users window into the data warehouse
- Encourage and support self-serve reporting and dashboards in Power BI that improve operational efficiency and add value to the business
What you will bring to the role
You will have a proven track record of consistently adding value through reporting and insights, and demonstrable experience in scoping and documenting data deliverables.
Experience using query languages such as TSQL, and data visualisation tools like PowerBI and Tableau is essential, together with Visio, Excel and MS Office.
You will demonstrate the following:
- Ability to understand business issues and specify data solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence to constructively challenge and influence stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Adaptability, for example being able to relay project information in a style that is suitable to various audiences
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Team skills, working well independently as well as collectively through shared initiatives
- Personal organisation and prioritisation skills – coping with multiple priorities and changing environment with limited supervision and direction
- An understanding and interest in emerging industry practices
- Fluent in English
Experience working in an Agile delivery team and working alongside Data Engineers and other data professionals is desirable. As is exposure to continuous integration/deployment and cloud-based analytical technologies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience gained & demonstrated through work
- Lean or BA accreditation (BCS Business Analysis / IIBA etc)
- Agile Scrum certification (Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile BA)
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in Manchester City Centre, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. Close to both Deansgate and Oxford Road railway stations and the wider travel networks our offices offer the opportunity to mix with your colleagues in person with a wide variety of creative meeting spaces. You also get the opportunity to enjoy your down time with well-equipped rest areas.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.