We began our journey as an ambitious, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, built on great relationships and a passion for growth and excellent customer service. We continuously developed our products to reach more customers and in less than ten years, we grew from employing a handful of people and supplying less than a hundred customers to become one of Britain’s leading non-domestic energy suppliers. We now supply thousands of businesses and organisations with the energy they need to provide their products and services used by millions of people across Britain, France and the Netherlands. We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees and together, our mission is clear.
As a business we have to be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to expertly respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop. Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
Reporting into our Business Analyst lead, and a key member of the data platform delivery team, this role is an essential enabler for our digital ambitions. We’re on a journey which, in the next 2 years, will see our entire business become more agile and data driven with new analytical capabilities at the heart of everything we do. You will have the opportunity for involvement in projects that touch every part of this market leading energy business from customer self service through to heavy data science and analytics as we strive to answer the big questions facing our industry.
We deliver IT capabilities in an agile fashion, working in scrum teams alongside business analysts, developers, testers and product owners to deliver value for the business. Our data analytics services are rapidly evolving, with a focus on bringing in talented data fluent individuals and procuring state-of-the-art technologies to support them.
Our data enablement initiative will bring brand new analytic and insight capability across the entire business, providing an opportunity to get hands on and add value to all areas. During sprints you’ll be responsible for delivering technical items that you have committed to and given the support you need to achieve success
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage with business experts to capture reporting and analytics requirements in structured data mapping documents.
- Work with data engineers as part of an agile scrum team, to ensure that the data warehouse fully enables the business requirements gathered.
- Use business and data insights to contribute in the prioritisation of the data platform team.
- Define and develop data marts that are the business users window into the data warehouse.
- Encourage and support self-serve reporting and dashboards in Power BI that improve operational efficiency and add value to the business.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the SEFE Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
- Able to understand business issues and specify data solutions
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurized environment
- Excellent communication skills in
- Constructively challenging and influencing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Relaying relevant project information suitable to audience
- Ability to Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
- Self-starter able to cope with multiple priorities and changing environment with limited supervision and direction
- Fluent in English
- Proven track record of consistently adding value to the business through reporting and independent insights
- Demonstrable experience in scoping and documenting data deliverables
- Experience using the following technologies
- Query languages e.g. TSQL
- Data visualisation tools e.g. PowerBI/Tableau
- Visio, Excel and other office tools
- Experience working in an Agile delivery team
- Experience working alongside Data Engineers and other data professionals
- Exposure to / experience in the following technologies
- Continuous integration / deployment
- Cloud-based analytical technologies
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience gained & demonstrated through work
- Lean or BA accreditation (BCS Business Analysis / IIBA etc)
- Agile Scrum certification (Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile BA)
Our Offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive benefits package which includes; bonus earning potential, non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, buy / sell holidays, life assurance, allowance for medical and dental insurance together with a range of optional flexible benefits.
Based from our office in Manchester City Centre you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.