We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst to join our Finance team in Manchester.
Can you help drive and improve the use of structured data across the team?
Do you work with data to identify root causes and help increase value and support decision-making?
As a business-to-business energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. The energy and commodities world has been changing for over a decade driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our strategy equips us to expertly seize these opportunities as the energy transition gathers even greater pace.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
Want to join us on our journey?
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious Data Analyst with experience in data build, data analysis, interpreting MI and making business improvement recommendations.
Working across the Finance team, you will identify key data sources and build out structured data sets that will be used to support analysis and reporting on underlying business performance.
What will you do?
Some of the key activities include:
- Identifying key data sources utilised by the Finance team and taking a proactive approach towards adopting and using structured data sets
- Leading the analysis, design, development and execution of reporting and performance information
- Creation, development and maintenance of a variety of MI packs and dashboards using tools such as SQL, Python and Power BI
- Support the Finance team to develop greater use of insight reporting
- Contribute to creating a wide range of reporting to provide management oversight of underlying business performance.
- Providing timely and well-informed recommendations to senior management around data-related issues to enhance and drive performance delivery
What you will bring to the role
You will demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience in SQL and other data management tools
- Exceptional Excel knowledge and skills
- Able to produce MI and performance dashboards, ideally using PowerBI
- Experience of working in a dynamic business environment and operating to tight deadlines
- Highly analytical, organised and quick to learn
- Able to work well under pressure and prioritise own workload
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Team-player with good interpersonal skills
- Positive and flexible approach to your work
- Excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy is vital
- Taking ownership of problems and issues right through to resolution
- Appreciation for the appropriate analytical techniques which can be employed to provide robust analysis
- Previous knowledge of SAP is desirable but not essential
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in Manchester City Centre, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. Close to both Deansgate and Oxford Road railway stations and the wider travel networks our offices offer the opportunity to mix with your colleagues in person with a wide variety of creative meeting spaces. You also get the opportunity to enjoy your down time with well-equipped rest areas.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.