We began our journey as an ambitious, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, built on great relationships and a passion for growth and excellent customer service. We continuously developed our products to reach more customers and in less than ten years, we grew from employing a handful of people and supplying less than a hundred customers to become one of Britain’s leading non-domestic energy suppliers. We now supply thousands of businesses and organisations with the energy they need to provide their products and services used by millions of people across Britain, France and the Netherlands. We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees and together, our mission is clear.
As a business we have to be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to expertly respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop. Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
The Customer Services Advisor will act as the first point of contact for all Customer and Broker Enquiries, ensuring that queries are resolved within a specific timescale.
The Customer Service Advisor will support the Customer Services Line Manager in developing the customer services processes for Gazprom Energy customers both internal and external. Ensuring the accurate processing of all issues relating to general customer service enquiries.
The key task of this role is to ensure that all activities relating to Customer Services are administered effectively and efficiently. The advisor will help to maintain high levels of Customer Service by ensuring that all activities, incoming calls and emails are managed effectively and efficiently. The role requires the individual to work in a fast-paced environment, handling a high number of calls and emails on a daily basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prioritise all incoming calls and emails ensuring they are passed to the correct members of staff, or dealt with directly as set out by the Customer Services Supervisor.
- Ensure customer queries are resolved within specific timescales.
- Ensure efficient flow of information between the Sales Team and Customer Services.
- Build strong working relationships with other teams around the business.
- Liaise with internal and external management team
- Work to achieve the set KPI’s as set out by the Customer Services Line Manager.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by your line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish credibility and build relationships with Senior Managers and other internal and external parties
- Ability to successfully persuade, influence and negotiate with internal and external parties
- Excellent IT skills, with proven working knowledge of Databases and MS Office including advanced MS Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all areas of work
- The initiative to propose solutions and to act independently and the confidence to effectively challenge the status quo
- Must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as individually
- Flexible approach to work, with a willingness to be involved in other areas of the business as required
- Behaves in a way that is aligned with the company’s values and culture
- Enjoys the dynamics of team working, knowing when to ask for help or offer support to colleagues
- Has a “can do attitude” in delivering the agreed solution and in delighting customers
- Quickly and positively adopts new ways of working
- Experience in a Customer focussed Role within the Energy Industry would be a desirable
- Demonstrable experience of working in a UK energy company would be an advantage but not essential.
- A level education preferable or relevant experience
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive benefits package which includes; bonus earning potential, non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, buy / sell holidays, life assurance, allowance for medical and dental insurance together with a range of optional flexible benefits.
Based from our office in Manchester City Centre you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.