We are looking for an Credit Exposure Analyst to join our Credit Risk team in London. The current Credit Risk team consists of a Credit Manager, and a team of analysts. Counterparties are active with all desks (gas, power, LNG, carbon) and cover a wide range of activities (flow trading, structured trading, generation, long-term procurement and supply, etc.) and sizes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Production of daily, weekly, and monthly credit reporting to the credit team, the wider risk team, and senior management, front office, and stakeholders.
- Credit Exposure Analysis – analysing trade exposure with components such as MtM, settlement and PFE (potential future exposure) using existing in-house tools as well as innovative methods. Ability to analyse appropriate markets for price stress scenarios.
- Credit IT system maintainence and upgrades – responsible for reporting and analysing errors/abnormalities found in the credit reporting process and systems. Liaising with IT, product control and other departments necessary to find urgent fixes, or plan for long term fixes as appropriate.
- Assist the credit team in understanding/verifying credit exposure analysis for various traded products and explain results both internally and externally to other departments.
- Reviewing new trade approvals to assess the impact of future transactions on current credit exposures.
- Running the PFE tool and bespoke stress-tests to monitor the sensitivity of the credit portfolio to future MtM-based credit limit breaches.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships across all business and support functions and ensure close liaison with other members of the risk management team.
- Assist Credit Manager in development of the Credit Risk function around systems, reporting, and automation.
You will be required to:
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Understanding of PFE / MtM / Settlement Risk would be advantageous but similar knowledge in market risk or product control would also suffice.
- Being able to identify trends and key topics and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, precise, and concise manner.
- Ability to produce results within very tight deadlines.
- Creativity in finding solutions including examples of efficiency and automation would be advantageous.
- Critical thinking and using common sense to check complex model results.
- Experience of derivatives markets is a plus.
- Some knowledge of energy markets and types of physical and financial energy products and their risks is a plus.
- Experience with CubeLogic “RiskCube” software (or similar product) is a plus.
- Experience with Power BI is a plus.
- Fluent in English. Other language skills would be a benefit.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Demonstrable experience in credit risk / market risk / market analytics / product control in a bank or a commodity trading house or rating agency.
- Experience of and familiarity with the energy/commodity trading markets (particularly natural gas, power, carbon allowances and LNG) is an advantage.
- A university graduate profile with outstanding academic results, extracurriculars demonstrating team spirit and sense of responsibility, strong quantitative skills, financial analysis knowledge and interest in energy markets could also be considered.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience. Whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, and recognises your contribution.
We offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes:
- Non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 2 volunteering days
- Buy / sell holidays
- Life assurance
- Medical and dental insurance
- Range of optional flexible benefits
Based in our offices in London, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Join SEFE and help us secure gas supply across Europe and shape a better, more sustainable tomorrow.