We began our journey as an ambitious, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, built on great relationships and a passion for growth and excellent customer service. We continuously developed our products to reach more customers and in less than ten years, we grew from employing a handful of people and supplying less than a hundred customers to become one of Britain’s leading non-domestic energy suppliers. We now supply thousands of businesses and organisations with the energy they need to provide their products and services used by millions of people across Britain, France and the Netherlands. We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees and together, our mission is clear.
As a business we have to be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to expertly respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop. Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
The Corporate Accounts Manager is responsible for:
- The Account Management of SEFE Energy’s Direct Customers and Third Party Intermediary’s
- Renewing complex flexible Gas and Power contracts to large and prestigious customers.
- Upselling green and carbon offset products to existing and new customers
- Expanding existing and building new TPI Relationships
- Query Management and resolution for customers and TPIs
A key task of this role is to manage allocated TPIs baskets for the Corporate Accounts team, resulting in long term strategic partnerships with the UKs largest energy consultants. Fundamentally this role is a sales role and it is critical that the role holder achieves aggressive retention and acquisitions targets for gas, power and associated environmental products.
These results will be achieved by creating products and implementing services that will add value to the current portfolio. The successful candidate will be tasked with building and developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The successful may also be involved in working groups and projects
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sell flexible and high-volume flexible gas, power and associated environmental products to the UKs largest energy consumers
- Add value and revenue to the current portfolio whilst ensuring sales targets are achieved.
- Day to day account management of large customers, working closely with other SEFE Energy teams via agreement case management methods, and external third parties to resolve customer queries to a high standard and with efficient cost to serve.
- Develop SEFE Energy’s reputation for customer service and product flexibility whilst continually Always Reaching for Better in line with organisational brand.
- To be willing to represent and promote the SEFE Energy brand both internally and externally at conferences and seminars.
- To attend customer review meetings and manager customer specific account management plans.
- To attend TPI review meetings and manage existing and new TPIs in accordance with agreed TPI Management Frameworks.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Group/Company Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong Analytical skills
- Effective organisation skills
- Ability to sell at board room level
- Understanding of flexible procurement products for both gas and power
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure and manage high volume workflows and effectively utilise tools for reporting performance.
- Ability to identify issues and drive action plans to improve business performance utilising net benefit analysis tools.
- Strong communication skills: Demonstrable ability to build long term relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external) in both a written and verbal format
- Confidence: Ability to make informed decisions, take action and deal with conflict in professional and mature manner, being diligent and dependable
- Excellent understanding of the need to provide business solutions to drive Retail’s commercial activities and evolve operations in accordance with changes in the energy landscape
- Good Microsoft Office computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, e-mail)
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to influence senior stakeholders and build strong internal and external relationships.
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to quickly digest and understand complex information.
- Ability to develop and continuously improve processes.
- Self-motivated with the skills to engage and inspire others.
- Strong experience in a Key Account Manager role (essential)
- Extensive knowledge of the UK Energy Industry and its operations across both power and gas
- Good knowledge of environmental products
- Experience in carrying out complicated commercial negotiation
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation of Industry processes and contractual obligations
- Demonstrable energy sales experience
- Established relationships with customers and TPIs
Degree level education preferable or equivalent industry experience
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive benefits package which includes; bonus earning potential, non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, buy / sell holidays, life assurance, allowance for medical and dental insurance together with a range of optional flexible benefits.
Based from our office in Manchester City Centre you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.