Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for accurately and timely confirming SM&T physical Power, Gas, Carbon, Green Certificate, Derivative and FX trades, with external Clients and Brokers, as well as the reporting of these trades to Dodd Frank, EMIR, REMIT, MiFID and MAS Regulators.
The role is an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated Confirmations / Regulatory Reporting Analyst to gain exposure across a very wide range of energy products and to work in a dynamic and ambitious company.
Duties & Responsibilities
Power, Gas, Carbon, Green Certificate, Futures, Derivative and FX Confirmations
- Accurate checking of standard / bespoke / structured trade confirmations received from Counterparties to the ETRMs.
- Ensuring the issue and receipt of timely and accurate confirmations to / from counterparties and investigating and resolving discrepancies.
- Completeness of Broker Reconciliations, to ensure that all trades are captured correctly in ETRMs.
- Checking of Direct trades that are executed. Ensuring that trades are booked correctly in our ETRM.
- Ensuring trades feed electronic matching platforms and that trades are matched with Brokers and Counterparties by T+1. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure that we send out paper confirmations to counterparties we do not electronically match with by T+1.
- Complete trade reconciliations with Exchanges and Grids to ensure that all trades are captured correctly in ETRMs. Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Complete Excel based reconciliations of internal and external Counterparty transactions.
- Build good relationships with Counterparties.
- Escalate issues to management in a timely fashion.
Dodd Frank, EMIR, REMIT, MiFID and MAS Regulatory Reporting
- Ensure that all reportable Dodd Frank, EMIR, REMIT, MiFID and MAS trades are uploaded to the relevant repositories by T+1, so that we meet our required Regulatory obligations.
- Investigate and resolve issues where trades have failed to be automatically reported.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies where we do not match on UTIs with Counterparties.
- Liaise with internal customers to ensure all non-standard trades can be accurately reported to the Regulators.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, quarterly and annual reconciliations are monitored and reported in a timely manner, and any issues are investigated and resolved.
- Management of static data updates received internally and externally.
- Escalate any issues to management.
Other Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provide daily/weekly /monthly metric/stats and relevant commentary to Management.
- Liaison with various teams within the organization such as Front Office, Settlements Regulatory Compliance, Product Control, Legal, IT, Credit. Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with these stakeholders.
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated.
- Constantly review and provide ideas for improving processes across the team to streamline and automate current processes.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of confirmations for Commodity products essential.
- Knowledge of Exchange Products.
- Knowledge of
- Experience in the checking / drafting of Commodity bespoke and structured confirmations preferred.
- Knowledge of the regulations EMIR, REMIT, Dodd Frank, MiFID and MAS
- Experience of the regulatory reporting processes for EMIR, REMIT, Dodd Frank, MiFID and MAS
- Good working knowledge of trading systems, preferably ENDUR
- Experience of using an electronic matching platform, preferably EFETNet.
- Experience of Swift matching for FX confirmations.
- Exposure to new systems implementation and systems development.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good grasp of Excel.
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Diligent and dependable.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good organisational and execution skills.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business.
- Dedication to review and improvement of existing processes.
- Commercially astute with the ability to develop and understand issues.
- Proven experience of working in a Confirmations and /or Regulatory Reporting Team in an Energy Trading or Bank environment.
- Experience of working with Trading Counterparties/Brokers/Exchanges and direct contact with Trading desks.
- Degree level education or equivalent work experience