We are looking for a client focused Flow Trader to join our execution desk in Manchester to manage positions for our corporate customers. Trading in gas, power, and clean energy you will partner with the sales teams to improve revenue and increase SEFE Energy’s market share. This offers a great opportunity to gain insight into the European energy markets and play a key role in increasing profitability for this portfolio.
As a B2B energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands. To remain competitive, we must be agile, constantly adapting to the ever-changing energy world, driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our Always Reaching for Better strategy equips us to respond to changes and advancements, and quickly seize opportunities to grow and develop.
What you will do
In the role of Flow Trader you will
- Work with portfolio managers to deliver consistent & improved EBITDA by executing trades with clients while maintaining a high level of data accuracy
- Develop SEFE Energy’s Natural Gas & Clean Energy strategies for the Client portfolios to deliver profit while minimising risk
- Partner with Sales to improve revenues and increase SEFE Energy’s market share
- Manage outright/basis trading positions using algorithmic trading and various trading products (e.g. time/location/quality/cross-commodity) to increase profit
- Support the design and development of a best-in-class deal capture system for all European markets
- Collate and provide market intelligence to sales teams and external customers through the delivery of regular reports, external customer meetings and sales stand ups
What you’ll bring to the role
You will demonstrate experience in
- Managing customer positions with knowledge of commodity OTC & futures hedging together with flow trading
- Pricing and structuring derivatives such as futures, forwards, swaps, and options
- The European natural gas, power, and emissions market (desirable)
You will also
- Have strong communication and influencing skills
- Have an eye for detail with the ability to work both accurately and at pace
- Demonstrate strong reporting skills with a working knowledge of python and other languages such as Matlab (desirable)
- Be self-motivated and an independent thinker, whilst acting as a team player
- Be curious with an appetite for success
- Fluency in French (written and verbal)(desirable)
- Hold a degree level qualification (or equivalent experience)
- CFA or international financial services license accreditation equivalent (desirable)
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive, and broad reaching benefits package which includes
- bonus earning potential
- non-contributory pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and 2 volunteering days
- buy / sell holidays
- life assurance
- medical and dental insurance
- range of optional flexible benefits
Based at our offices in Manchester City Centre, you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home. Close to both Deansgate and Oxford Road rail stations and the wider travel networks our offices are easily accessible from across the Northwest.
We are committed to supporting your career growth with opportunities to develop both your knowledge and experience through a blended approach to learning.
Who are we?
We are part of the SEFE Group – led by SEFE Securing Energy for Europe GmbH in Berlin – which employs approximately 1,500 employees. The 350 people working in SEFE Energy are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations and above all offer support as your career develops.
Our focus for 2022 – 2025 is strategic, profitable growth and strengthening our foundations, primarily by placing data and technology at the heart of our business model. We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.