Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Capability Manager Enterprise Performance Management and Analytics (London) is required to lead and manage the Enterprise Performance Management and Analytics applications and team. This role is a senior leadership role within the CSIT team and strongly aligned to the Finance, HR and Procurement stakeholders across the SEFE Group. This role ensures the optimal EPM landscape is in place. It involves strong stakeholder management, architecture, team lead and delivery capabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Functional leadership for all internal and external Corporate Services IT resources working for the SEFE Group in EPM applications, including SAP and Non-SAP solutions.
- Support Recruiting, retain, inspire, motivate, coach and performance manage the team members of the Corporate Services IT –EPM team.
- Define IT strategy and architecture for the EPM area of Corporate Service IT team. Actively participate in the creation of the overall IT strategy and architecture for the Corporate Services IT of SEFE Group.
- Oversee the implementation of controlled IT projects, changes and support activities within the EPM area, ensuring best practice execution of the following
- Business Analysis
- Technical solution analysis, optionality assessment and delivery planning
- Functional and technical Quality Assurance
- Manage stakeholder expectations and requirements across all locations of the SEFE Group to derive an agreed project portfolio for the EPM team.
- Coordinate the planning and management of all projects, changes and support activities within the EPM team to efficiently execute the agreed Operating Plan projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate internal and external resources and vendors to assure user satisfaction and stable operations for all EPM systems of the SEFE group.
- Collaborate and engage with Capability Owners for Architecture, Business Analysis, Development and QA to ensure the EPM team is aligned to standards and practices.
- Always ensure professional adherence to the SEFE Group Values and Standards.
- Deal with sensitive data.
- Execute ad-hoc and directed tasks by the Programme Manager and Head of Corporate Service.
Skills & Competencies
- Project Management and Portfolio management experience, demonstrating the ability to manage a programme of work in an agile environment.
- Experience managing and coordinating technical resources, setting priorities and execute against plan.
- Deep technical knowledge of SAP BW, SAP BW/4 HANA, SAP BPC, SAP Analytics Cloud and Business Objects
- Understanding of SAP FC
- Good Functional knowledge of the following SAP modules:
- FI (New GL, AR, AP)
- FSCM (Treasury)
- Line Management experience and strong team leader
- Good business process knowledge of finance, procurement and HR processes
- Self-starter/able to work with limited guidance.
- Able to understand business issues and specify IT solutions.
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives.
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation.
- Motivated, tenacious and pro-active in achieving results.
- Diligent and dependable with strong integrity.
- Proposes technical solutions that meet or exceed client needs and expectations.
- Designs and validates a complex architecture and ensures its successful implementation.
- MS Office tools like Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrate credibility with working with business colleagues including the ability to provide appropriate challenge and review to requirements
- Experience using Agile management tools and having been responsible for prioritisation and coordination of activities
- Functional Specification and configuration of SAP modules as well as functional specification of custom development
- Experience in trading / integrated supply and trading would be an advantage
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Experience with implementing global processes and solutions a plus
- Experienced with waterfall and Agile delivery methodology
- Hands on experience developing, testing and delivering SAP Business Warehouse (BW) or equivalent components.
- Full life-cycles hands on experience in engaging, leading or being part of large Datawarehouse, Analytics or Financial Planning projects or implementations.
- Experience implementing standard and custom extractors, transformation rules, InfoSources, and associated conversion requirements for BW along with multiple source systems are a must have.
- Experience designing, developing and managing Process Chains is required
- Performing Unit, System and Integration testing
- Degree (or equivalent ideally in an accounting or financial management related subject)
- SAP or IT Professional certifications in desired skill areas an advantage, but genuine experience implementing SAP BW solutions is most important.