Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing& Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deepexperience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis of SEFE Marketing and Trading (SM&T) business processes and the specification of software solutions to support those processes.
Based within the London office the key objective of this role is to enable the expansion of the SEFE business, in the UK, Europe, US and Asia Pacific by ensuring provision of adequate business analysis of applications in accordance with business needs.
The successful candidate will work alongside 2 other BA’s within the Operations and Optimisation IT Delivery Team supporting the Gas and Power trading and operations desk. Key responsibilities include supporting day to day operational capability of the systems that support this function whilst also owning changes to the systems by collaborating with business stakeholders and development team. To do this the candidate will need to perform in-depth business analysis of applications in accordance with SM&T business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work autonomously and within a team to deliver technology enabled business change to support the Operations and Optimisation team.
- Work with the Front Office Operators, Traders, Power Originators, Settlements and other business stakeholders to assess, shape and deliver:
- Tactical and/or strategic developments and business change
- Small business change and BAU tasks
- Resolution of operational issues in collaboration with Application Support, External Vendors and the business
- Work with a dedicated project team, including Project Manager, Architect, Developers and QAs to maintain, enhance and grow the existing systems capability.
- Consult with key business stakeholders to understand processes, develop the business case, document requirements, develop specifications and acceptance criteria
- Ensure all business change is adequately planned and prioritised. With this plan supported by high level and detailed requirements (stories) and agreed acceptance criteria
- Work closely with software testing team (unit and QA testing) and the business (UAT) to ensure solutions meet expectations and have only a positive impact at implementation
- Jointly develop business readiness plans prior to implementation
- Provide user training and ensure user guides are written and updated
- Initiate post-implementation reviews to monitor product effectiveness and performance
Skills & Competencies
- Self-starter/able to work with limited guidance
- Excellent analytical skills and a good attention to detail
- Able to understand business issues and specify IT solutions
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurized environment
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation
- Expert knowledge of Gas Energy Supply is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of physical energy trading (Gas and Power) and exposure to the full deal lifecycle is desirable
- Detailed knowledge of embedded power generation & optimisation is desirable
- Demonstrable Business Analysis experience in a trading environment ideally an energy (or commodity) trading company or consultancy (ideally European markets or global perspective)
- Experience of specifying and writing user specifications and business requirements for development teams is essential.
- Experience of requirement elicitation techniques. Such as facilitating workshops. Interviews, Prototyping and Document Analysis.
- Experience of working with iterative development methodologies such as Agile
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating complex projects/initiatives
- Demonstrable experience of delivering energy trading or energy supplier software.
- Degree (or equivalent) ideally in a numerate subject or computing