Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
An experienced business analyst is required to contribute to a programme of work to make a series of enhancements (tactical and/or strategic) to SM&T’s instance of Openlink’s Endur Trading and Risk Management System. The programme of work will cover a broad range of functional areas throughout the trading lifecycle.
Working within a hybrid working model, the key objective of this role is to enable the expansion of the SM&T business in the UK, Europe, US and Asia Pacific to address the future business needs by ensuring provision of adequate business analysis of applications in accordance with SM&T business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work autonomously and within a team to deliver technology enabled business change
- Work with the Front Office and other business support functions, software development team and BA colleagues to assess, shape and deliver;
- tactical and/or strategic developments and business change
- small business change and BAU tasks
- Consult with key business stakeholders to understand processes, develop the business case, document requirements, develop specifications and acceptance criteria
- Ensure all business change is adequately planned and prioritised. With this plan supported by high level and detailed requirements (stories) and agreed acceptance criteria
- Work closely with software testing team (unit and QA testing) and the business (UAT) to ensure solutions meet expectations and have only a positive impact at implementation
- Jointly develop business readiness plans prior to implementation
- Provide user training and ensure user guides are written and updated
- Work with IT teams across the systems supporting the full deal lifecycle to develop solutions aligned to future business needs.
- Initiate post-implementation reviews to monitor product effectiveness and performance
Skills & Competencies
- Detailed knowledge of European Gas Trading Market
- Detailed knowledge of Endur
- Self-starter/able to work with limited guidance
- Able to understand business issues and specify IT solutions
- Team-player with ability to achieve results through shared initiatives
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating complex projects/initiatives
- Able to meet tight deadlines and negotiate in a pressurised environment
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills e.g. written, verbal and presentation
- Able to cope with rapid business growth and a pressurised environment
- Motivated, tenacious and pro-active in achieving results
- Diligent and dependable with strong integrity
- Experience of documenting as-is and to-be business processes.
- Demonstrate credibility with working with business colleagues including the ability to provide appropriate challenge and review to requirements
- Functional Specification and configuration of commercial software packages as well as functional specification of custom developed software.
- Exposure to the full deal lifecycle including at least 3 of the following:
- Trading Entry
- Valuation & Risk Management
- Nominations / Industry Interfaces
- Operations / Logistics
- Invoicing & Settlements
- Market Data Feeds and Curve Management
- Degree (or equivalent ideally in a numerate subject or computing related subject
- Professional certifications in desired skill areas an advantage