We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join our team in Manchester.
As a business-to-business energy supplier SEFE Energy supplies thousands of businesses across the UK, France, and Netherlands.
The energy and commodities world has been changing for over a decade driven by forces of decarbonisation, competition, digitalisation and shifting customer expectations. Our strategy equips us to expertly seize these opportunities as the energy transition gathers even greater pace.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about where we’re going and will help us thrive long into the future.
Want to join us on our journey?
What you will do
The Business Analysis team sits as a unit within Business Technology Services (BTS). As BA you will have responsibility for the analysis activities related to change and will work in partnership with business stakeholders, delivery teams and colleagues to assess, shape and ensure change is:
- Prioritised, planned, tracked, and measured through the SEFE Portfolio management framework and BTS delivery workstreams
- Managed through an objective and effective business analysis stage in order to capture and define business requirements
- Assessed for the level of impact on all business processes, resources, data and systems landscape and any solution is fit for purpose
- Delivered with all business deployment and training needs identified, planned and implemented
You’ll have ownership of all Business Analysis activities and artefacts that support the definition of the change and solution. This includes:
- Effective requirements management to ensure that changes are aligned with business strategy and objectives
- Evaluating the impact of change across systems and business processes and proactively manage dependencies
- Assist in capturing business benefits and development of business cases for projects
- Identify project and organisational level risks and contribute to their mitigation
- Collaboration with delivery teams and stakeholders to ensure solutions deliver expected business benefits
- Service transition, user guides and user training
What you will bring
You’ll have proven BA experience in process design and system development, including writing functional specifications and requirements elicitation. A confident self-starter, you’ll enjoy working with limited supervision and direction, and be comfortable managing multiple priorities and changing environment.
You’ll be fluent in English, with excellent communication skills in facilitating workshops, and influencing and challenging stakeholders at all levels. You’ll also enjoy coaching and mentoring business stakeholders in analysis techniques and methods.
Technical skills we’re looking for include:
- Ability to produce Agile requirement artefacts and experience working with Agile development frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience of working with a range of business, IT, and 3rd party stakeholders in the delivery of a digital product and experience of the end-to-end delivery of a full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of business process modelling techniques such as UML Use Case, process flow, BPMN or UML Activity, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and Data models
Desirable, but not essential:
- Previous experience of working on customer facing applications and systems in a B2B service industry, and an understanding of Gas and Power supply business processes and industry practices
- SQL and/or Business Intelligence tools (e.g. PowerBI) for data analysis activities
- Technical understanding of MS Dynamics, Salesforce, or other CRM systems
Qualifications you’ll hold
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience gained & demonstrated through work
- Lean or BA accreditation (BCS Business Analysis / IIBA etc)
Desirable but not essential:
- Agile Scrum certification (Product Owner, Scrum Master, Agile BA)
Our offer to you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary supported by a comprehensive benefits package which includes; bonus earning potential, non-contributory pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, buy / sell holidays, life assurance, allowance for medical and dental insurance together with a range of optional flexible benefits.
Based at our office in Manchester City Centre you can benefit from hybrid working offering the flexibility to spend some of your working week at home.
The 350 people working in our business are friendly and positive – you can approach anyone for help and your ideas are always welcome. We’re committed to our REACH principles – Results, Expertise, Action, Challenge, Have courage – but above all else, we care for each other’s welfare and aspirations so you can expect to experience empathy and support throughout your journey with us. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment that embraces diversity and fosters the development of knowledge, skills, and experience, so all our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We are a place where you can be yourself and make your mark because whatever your role, you’ll find an open, welcoming atmosphere that empowers you, encourages fresh thinking, and recognises your contribution.
In the UK, our people practices have been awarded Gold status by Investors in People and we have a silver EcoVadis rating demonstrating our commitment to sustainability.