Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for the SEFE Group companies ALM Function within the Treasury, Corporate Finance and Insurance Department
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of a team of 2 direct reports
- Daily exchange margin call calculation and reconciliation including oversight and sign off prior to agreement with provider. Decision making on currency to settle margin call
- Ownership of SEFE Group short term forecasting, including daily/weekly cashflow variance analysis. Includes approval of daily and weekly cashflow forecast reports submitted by the team.
- Daily cash positioning for SEFE GmbH and SEFE Marketing & Trading. Includes decision making on cash transfers across cash management banks, MM deposits, FX, cash optimization in relation to interest rates and account funding.
- Month end tasks including NTFX, cash pool interest.
- Sign off on cash deposits/collateral with trading counterparties
- FX exposure management for SEFE group companies for non-base currencies. Calculation and requesting internal trades from deal process team/FX desk in order to cover non-trade exposures arising from overheads, loans, cash deposits etc.
- Intercompany loan management and documentation
- Various ad hoc report requests for internal stakeholders/funding providers/banks etc.
- Project work in a range of areas including systems/automation/spreadsheet enhancements.
- Providing cross training for the team
- Organising weekly/daily tasks for the team to ensure smooth processes and sufficient coverage.
- Ownership within the team for achieving team targets, project completion and general support of the team members.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong numeracy and IT skills
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel (VBA/SQL preferable)
- Excellent communication and networking skills in order to interact effectively with key stakeholders and group companies;
- Understanding of key Treasury concepts such as: Cashflow forecasting, FX exposure management and variance anaylsis
- Ability and desire to learn quickly and progress
- Ownership of tasks and projects assigned with the aim of successful delivery
- Ability to cope with dynamic environment and pressure of a trading business and react quickly to changes;
- Initiative and motivation to address issues without being asked to do so and a pro-active solution-driven approach;
- Capable of managing multiple priorities effectively under their supervision;
- High attention to detail and accuracy;
- Open-minded self-starter focused on constant improvement of existing processes and accommodating new challenges
- Qualified by experience in similar position within a Treasury Department
- Ideally experience in a trading company
- Bachelor or Master’s degree; or professional qualification such as CIMA, AMCT