Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
This position is responsible for Invoice and expense processing and payments and driving team priorities across all trading entities for SM&T group. The role will provide an excellent opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to gain exposure across a broad range of P2P processes and to work in a dynamic and ambitious company.
We are looking for a methodical, highly organised and self-motivated individual who is a quick learner and able to carefully follow a process. You must be able to work to a high degree of accuracy and with good attention to detail. Excellent people and communication skills are essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
Working within one of the sub teams within the Global Finance & Treasury department
- Technical expert in AP/Payments processes to support team priorities
- First point of escalation for members of the AP team
- Overseeing Daily Payments for treasury activity
- Overseeing and supporting weekly payment runs for all overheads – managing SAP variants and parameters to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Payments exception reporting
- Supporting settlements team with manual payments adhoc
- Payments query resolution ensuring all queries from internal/external including banks are accurately resolved and SLAs are met
- Ensuring all processes and procedures are constantly reviewed, documented and updated
Skills & Competencies
- A working knowledge of SAP/Banking systems
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Diligent and dependable
- Good organisational and execution skills
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all areas of the business
- Dedication to review and improvement of existing processes Commercially astute with the ability to develop and understand issues
- Experience in P2P/AP/Payments processes
- Analytical, time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills including ability to work with staff at all levels, ability to communicate clearly and succinctly (both verbal & written) on complex topics
- Experience in Accounts Payable/Payments