Securing Energy for Europe GmbH (SEFE GmbH) is a major European energy company focused on maintaining the security of supply and generating commercial value in Europe. Its main business areas include supplying energy to customers, energy trading, gas transportation and the operation of gas storage facilities. SEFE GmbH is an internationally operating group consisting of around 50 companies in 16 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The SEFE Group employs approximately 1,500 employees, around 200 of whom work at its Berlin headquarters.
SEFE Marketing & Trading Limited (SM&T) is an integral part of the SEFE Group. Headquartered in London, SM&T is an agile multi-commodity trader and trading partner. With deep experience in derivatives, digital and analytics and ready for the opportunities arising from the energy transition, we seek to create value, both on a proprietary basis and for its partners, in all key European gas, LNG, power and environmental products markets.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day, we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes SM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the Digital Trading vertical, collaborating with the Digital Trading desk to research, develop, implement and maintain systematic trading strategies which are aligned with the overall technical strategy of SM&T. The candidate will be a customer focused, team player who offers strong designs with attention to detail in data engineering and optimisation as well as offering scalable designs ensuring that development is aligned with the overall technical strategy of SM&T.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and maintain research data platform for automated trading strategies
- Automated detection and resolution of data issues
- Daily correlation reports between signals and market data
- Market impact computation service
- Work with IT functions to ensure accurate data sourcing, validation, transformation and analysis
- Work with Quant traders to develop machine learning pipeline for strategy research and development
- Develop a close relationship with market specialists (traders/analysts) to ensure that you deliver solutions that meet the commercial needs of the Digital Trading Desk
- Responsible for all phases of the software life cycle including communicating specific subject matter knowledge of design, development, testing and support
Skills & Competencies
- Hands on experience of delivering data solutions, processing large data volumes from various sources and tuning performance to minimise latency
- Knowledge of maths, finance and computer programming for research, development and operation of trading strategies and opportunities.
- Commercial acumen – experience of delivering production level solutions to business-critical deadlines
- Team player – able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team and develop productive working relationships
- All-rounder, specifically skilled in server-side C# and SQL server database
- Highly desirable to also have skills in Python (especially Numpy, Scipy, and Pandas)
- Experience of continuous integration and software development lifecycle approaches
- Experience of iterative delivery with proven track record in software design, development and support
- Knowledge of ML Algorithms and associated tools/SDKs to support implementation is desirable
- Able to demonstrate trading strategy delivery to production environment in a commercial setting
- Experience of working with and computing indicators from financial market data
- Experience of issue resolution and bug fixing in a front office context (or equivalent high-pressure environment)
- Working with large data volumes and implementing low latency/high availability solutions
- Degree in Computer Science or alternative quantitative field or equivalent experience