Fresh out of uni and looking to kick-start your career? Following the success of our 2021 intake, we’re pleased to announce that applications for our 2023 Graduate Scheme will be opening in autumn later this year.
Welcome to our Grad Hub, where you can learn about our graduate programme – a two-year scheme giving ambitious graduates the opportunity to fast-track their careers and learn from the talented team at SEFE Marketing & Trading.
Here at SEFE Marketing & Trading, our values are important to us, and we look for them in every candidate. Discover our values below and found out if we’re a good fit for you.
Application process: Step-by-step
Attracting the right talent means employing a rigorous assessment process. Get to know our application process in our step-by-step guide below.
Reward & benefits
As part of our graduate programme, you can access a wealth of rewards, benefits and privileges, including:
- Two-year full-time learning contract before moving to a permanent employment contract
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Personal pension plan
- Benefits allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus eight public holidays applicable to England
Learning & development
All our graduates will join the SEFE Marketing & Trading Group on an initial two-year learning programme, where you will develop your market, sector and personal skills through our learning and development offering. We operate a 70:20:10 model whereby individuals gain knowledge, learn and develop by breaking things down in the following way:
- SEFE Marketing & Trading’s learning and development solutions are tailored to ensure high-impact, high-quality progression through various opportunities, including classroom courses, e-learning, external and technical training, and more.
- When joining a trading business, it is important for you to understand the trade lifecycle, from execution to payment. You will participate in workshops that demonstrate the process, helping you understand how it works and where you and your team fit into the process.
- We will help you develop your understanding of the energy sector by providing access to our online resources, including ‘Introduction to the Gas & Power markets’, ‘Introduction to the Energy Industry Landscape’ and an ‘Introduction to Derivatives and Spreads’. All graduates have the opportunity to take part in a trading simulation to apply their learning.
- Developing your soft skills is also important, so we encourage you to take advantage of SEFE Marketing & Trading Academy. This is a collection of 50 instructor-led workshops delivered across the globe, including industry awareness for new starters, professional skill development, and management & leadership training.
Our graduate success stories
Highlighting the rewarding career opportunities available for our graduates, the following success stories offer insights into our graduate programme – from what you can expect to the skills you stand to learn. Click the links below to read our graduate success stories in full.
Tips and advice
We’re committed to finding talented individuals from all walks of life to join our graduate programme. That’s why we’ve put together the following guides and resources, with key tips and advice on how to strengthen your graduate application.
Ways to enhance your employability
From relevant work experience to extracurricular activities and interests, discover helpful ways to enhance your graduate application in our practical guide.